groupofone
Bit poster
I'm having a similar problem to some other folks getting a Boot Camp partition to be recognized by Parallels. Any help is appreciated. Here's the set-up:
diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: type name size identifier
0: GUID_partition_scheme *149.1 GB disk0
1: EFI 200.0 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS OS X 68.7 GB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data Windows Vista 60.0 GB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data Windows XP 20.0 GB disk0s4
/dev/disk1
#: type name size identifier
0: Apple_partition_scheme *2.6 MB disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 KB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Google Notifier 2.6 MB disk1s2
Any time I try to add the Vista or XP partitions to Parallels and run them, I receive the error:
More than one Windows partitions are found. This is not a standard Boot Camp configuration. Please refer to the Parallels Desktop for Mac User Guide, Using Boot Camp Windows XP Installation chapter for instructions on how to configure Parallels virtual machine in case of a non-standard Boot Camp configuration on your Macintosh computer.
These partitions boot fine under Boot Camp by holding down the Atl-Option button, selecting Windows, and then the Vista bootloader kicks in and I can choose Vista or XP.
I'd prefer to be able to run one or both of these actively in OS X 10.4.10. Right now, I spend a large amount of time in XP, less time in Vista, and even less in OS X (a lot of my must-have apps live in the Windows world). I'd like to spend almost all of my time in OS X and only boot to XP/Vista if I need very specific driver support or specific test scenarios.
Any suggestions on how to get this to work, or am I stuck waiting for additional Parallels releases? The marketing for Parallels made this seem pretty easy. I'm coming to find out otherwise.
Thanks,
D
diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: type name size identifier
0: GUID_partition_scheme *149.1 GB disk0
1: EFI 200.0 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS OS X 68.7 GB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data Windows Vista 60.0 GB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data Windows XP 20.0 GB disk0s4
/dev/disk1
#: type name size identifier
0: Apple_partition_scheme *2.6 MB disk1
1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 KB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Google Notifier 2.6 MB disk1s2
Any time I try to add the Vista or XP partitions to Parallels and run them, I receive the error:
More than one Windows partitions are found. This is not a standard Boot Camp configuration. Please refer to the Parallels Desktop for Mac User Guide, Using Boot Camp Windows XP Installation chapter for instructions on how to configure Parallels virtual machine in case of a non-standard Boot Camp configuration on your Macintosh computer.
These partitions boot fine under Boot Camp by holding down the Atl-Option button, selecting Windows, and then the Vista bootloader kicks in and I can choose Vista or XP.
I'd prefer to be able to run one or both of these actively in OS X 10.4.10. Right now, I spend a large amount of time in XP, less time in Vista, and even less in OS X (a lot of my must-have apps live in the Windows world). I'd like to spend almost all of my time in OS X and only boot to XP/Vista if I need very specific driver support or specific test scenarios.
Any suggestions on how to get this to work, or am I stuck waiting for additional Parallels releases? The marketing for Parallels made this seem pretty easy. I'm coming to find out otherwise.
Thanks,
D