Parallels Toolbox (Windows 10) not updating

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Windows' started by Francisco Faria, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Francisco Faria

Francisco Faria Bit poster

Hello.

My Parallels Toolbox for Windows 10 is not updating any more. I don't know what is going on, my computer is connected to the internet and the Toolbox is the only app that I can't update. Can someone tell me what could be doing this to happen?

Thank You.

Attached Files:

2. AngelaH

AngelaH Bit poster

Hello, @Francisco Faria

It seems you're encountering an issue with updating Parallels Toolbox on your Windows 10 system. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the update issue:

Check for Updates Manually: Sometimes, automatic updates may not work as expected. Try checking for updates manually within the Parallels Toolbox app.
    Run as Administrator: Try running Parallels Toolbox as an administrator. Right-click on the Parallels Toolbox icon and select 'Run as administrator' to see if this allows the update to proceed.
    Disable Firewall/Antivirus Temporarily: Occasionally, firewall or antivirus software can prevent apps from updating. Temporarily disable these programs to see if the update can complete, but be sure to re-enable them afterward.
    Clear Cache and Temporary Files: Clearing the cache and temporary files on your computer can sometimes resolve update issues.
    Reinstall Parallels Toolbox: If none of the above steps work, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling Parallels Toolbox. This can often resolve issues with corrupted installations or update problems.

Remember to back up any important data before making significant changes to your system or software settings. If the problem persists after trying these steps, reaching out to Parallels support may be the best course of action.

I hope my suggestion is helpful for you. If you want more details please tell me I am happy to help you.