Parallels Tools Freezes Screen / No resolution Auto-Sizing

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by mattyparanoid, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mattyparanoid

mattyparanoid Bit poster

I have followed Parallels for over a year installing all the new versions as they came out. I have installed and uninstalled Ubuntu, Vista and XP, tweaked them out just as I like them and consider myself pretty knowledgable.

I recently paid $65 for Parallels Desktop 3.0 to install on my newly upgraded Leopard Macbook Pro.

I have a problem with Parallels Tools as do many on this forum. Parallels Tools freezes my VM and resolution auto-sizing does not work. I have tried and tried, removed and reinstalled, tried all the posts on how to install and have had this trouble since 6.04 (which was the last version that worked).

Yes I have tried post 67 instructions in the long thread regarding Parallels Tools, I can install Parallels Tools, but once it is installed it does not work, no auto-resolution and it freezes up the VM.

Now IIRC, this has been a known issue for 6 months or more. What gives? I am so frustrated you cannot imagine. I guess I am most frustrated that I bought the software knowing it did not work, obviously this is my problem but frustrating none the less.

I have purposely stuck with Parallels because I did not want to switch over to the competitor as I have taken the time to learn Parallels and have 3 VM worth of data in Parallels.

This coupled with the >512Mb of RAM issue and the installation problems some have are crazy. Fix it already!

Please advise