Parallels Tools process taking up 99% CPU

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Greensauce, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Greensauce

Greensauce Member

Just recently I when I have parallels open my HD starts spinning like crazy and everything slows down. I checked the task manager and parallelstoolscenter.exe is taking up 99% of my CPU usage. I checked activity monitor on OSX and it said it was taking up like 105%. Any idea what is going on?

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Disable autoconnect usb, this might help.

3. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

It is known issue. Just exit from Paralells Tools Center and reopen it. We will fix the issue in the nearest updates.

Best regatds,
    Alexander

4. jalexand

jalexand Junior Member

Has this been fixed

Has this been fixed? I've tried every version since 5160 and they all seem to do with including version 5592 that I found listed in the forums.

Jason

5. Potatoswatter

Potatoswatter Bit poster

Ping...

Opening the Tools Center window from the taskbar and closing it again didn't help... I assume that's what the above advice means.

This started happening recently and now continues as long as Parallels is running. Before this, Parallels was taking up around 100% of one processor despite the task manager showing the VM as idle.

6. Potatoswatter

Potatoswatter Bit poster

This seems to have gotten fixed when Windows updated itself. Possibly I was getting bogged down by a virus?