Parallels tools tries to install everytime

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Cogz, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Cogz

Cogz Bit poster

I have a problem that has been I believe has been happening since the very first time I launched Parallels. I tend to use Parallels like I use my mac. Every time I step away from my computer, I go back to the "select user" screen. I keep myself logged in, but for some reason of habit I like to go back to that screen when I am done using windows and parallels.

What is strange, is that EVERY time (or so it seems) that I enter into my user account (even without a restart of the OS) it tries to get me to rinstall Parallels tools. Now, sometimes this is advantagous, like when there has been an update that I reinstalled, but I don't see why it should ask me to reinstall something that is correctly installed every time.

Is this a bug? How do I keep it from trying to reinstall Parallels Tools every time I log in?

-Steve

ps- This also happens on my non admin account, but I don't believe the install process can complete because of the restrictions on installing software.

2. Leonard

Leonard Member

Is the Parallels Tools image mounted as your CD device and the autostart kicks off the install?

3. Lakin

Lakin Bit poster

I see it in my windows CD drive, but I can't delete the install file.