parallels uninstall and reinstall

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by LinaH, Jan 15, 2011.

1. LinaH

LinaH Bit poster

Hi there,
    hope someone can help.
    I currently have installed parallels on my macbook pro. originally I hade v5 and then was entitled to a free upgrade to v6 six. I am having software issues and have received suggestions that I might have better luck in bootcamp to run windows xp and the software I am having issues with.
    my question is can I uninstall parallels so I can install bootcamp and then re-install parallels v6 with the key I received from parallels? I don't want to give up parallels nor lose my upgrade and I believe the correct process is to have bootcamp installed before parallels.

Would be grateful for any help out there.

Many thanks.
    Lina

2. DrDave

DrDave Bit poster

Similar problem

I think this is a similar problem. My Mac died and the hard-drive with it. I am trying to get parallels working again on a new machine and cannot figure out how. I had a legal registered copy, but it was a download. I can't find any way to simply install on this machine.

3. MartyC

MartyC Bit poster

V6 b11992

V6 Build 11992 keeps firing off Time Machine to back up EVERYTHING AGAIN, and runs at about 1/4 the speed of 5. I am using Mac Snow Leopard V10.6.6 and Win XP SP2.
    How do I uninstall V6 and go back to V5??? I have the disks and the license keys