Parallels Update

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by brabe, Jun 5, 2007.

1. brabe

brabe Bit poster

Hello,

a month ago I bought in a retail shop Parralels. The box said "now support VISTA". Knowing from news that this version also supports Boot Camp, I bought it. However, the version I have is build 1970. It does not offer the option to select the boot camp partition when creating a new VM. Hence, I decided to update. No success (see PNG attached). I've checked my Internet connections numerous times, so it s NOT that ... Then, I've downloaded the latest version from Parallels site (build 3188). Install it and ... the activation key of my "boxed" version (written on the back of the prnted guide available in the box) is NOT a valid one for this build.

What should I do? What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Does Boot Camp support Vista?

3. brabe

brabe Bit poster

I think it does (see Apple web site for this). Anyway, on my Boot Camp partition I have Win XP Pro SP2. And my issue is that I thought Parrallels would support Boot Camp. The build I have (1970) does not however because I'm not offered too use my Boot Camp partition (as I've seen in screenshots in papers on Parallels) when creating a VM. Build 3188 is supporting that feature but I cannot either download it (via Check for updates within Parallels) or install the standalone downloaded version because my Activation Key (the one I have with the box I bought) is not valid for that build (sic). The support service from Parallels is muted for days on this ...

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Oh you don't have a bootcamp issue. You have an activation key issue.

Read this thread