Parallels Virtualization SDK - Can't connect VM IO

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JacobH6, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JacobH6

JacobH6 Bit poster

Hi all, I'm currently starting up a new project working with the Parallels Virtualization SDK in Python and I'm running into some issues connecting the vm IO.
    The flow that I'm following (based off of the code examples provided by Parallels) is this:
    1. Initialize the SDK
    2. Create a new Server instance and connect (waiting for the job to finish before moving on) using login_local().wait()
    3. Get the desired vm (based on vm name) from the vm list provided by the get_vm_list() function in the server class
    4. Initialize the VmIO object
    5. Connect io to vm using connect_to_vm()
    Step 5 is where things are failing. If I try and use the provided wait() method it throws an error saying: "prlsdkapi.PrlSDKError: SDK error: 0x80000301: PRL_ERR_IO_STOPPED PRL_ERR_IO_STOPPED". If I write a while loop to wait for the job to have status PJS_FINISHED it doesn't reach that state even after a few minutes.

Has anybody else run into these issues? The reference documentation provided by Parallels is a bit lackluster to say the least so I have no idea what causes these errors I'm seeing or how to resolve them.

2. JacobH6

JacobH6 Bit poster

UPDATE: After some more experimentation I think the issue might have been that I was trying to connect the IO when the VM was suspended.