Parallels VM & BacktoMyMac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PragmaticReviteer, Mar 8, 2013.

1. PragmaticReviteer

PragmaticReviteer Junior Member

Does anyone have any experience with Parallels and Back to My Mac? I have a Mac Mini running ML Server, and an SMB Share that I use in my Windows 7 VM. I would like to have access to this share from the road on my MBP, and was looking into the whole DynDNS/VPN mess, when I was told Back to My Mac handles remote file sharing in a typically Apple way. However, I am not sure if this will translate to my VM. Am I in luck, or is Windows in the mix going to mean mess in the mix?

EDIT: I'll add Slink to the request as well. It LOOKS like you can use Slink to basically create a VPN, but getting it all to work in Parallels too I am not sure on. And please note, I can't use the Parallels Sharing feature, as it is gimped to only support drive letter access, and I have to have assigned Network Locations in Windows for this to work. Which is what had me looking into adding a VPN to my Mac Mini Server in the first place.

Thanks,
    Gordon

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013