Parallels, Window and Ubuntu in two different spaces

eddyk

Member
I use Parallels on a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (2.33 GHZ, 3 GB Ram) running Leopard 10.5.3. I use three different VM machines Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Ubuntu 8.04 essentially in full screen mode. Everything is working beautifully.

Parallels Desktop is assigned to Space 2. When I launch Windows XP and Ubuntu, they both appear in Space 2 of course.
Problem is, if I then move one of the two windows (either Windows XP or Ubuntu) to an other space (say Space 3), this works but the moved fullscreen window is a little bit offscreen, and the task bar is nearly not visible (quite difficult to use).

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks
 
problem with spaces

Thanks for your very fast reply!
In my configuration of the VM's, "Custom screen resolutions" were not enabled.

I tried your suggestion but the problem with a lower resolution of the VM seems to me worse, the screen of the VM in an other space doesn't fill the screen completely but of course cannot be moved to reveal the task bar.

In fact in the other space, the fullscreen image of the VM is shifted down of exactly the Mac menu bar (which of course is normally not visible in full screen mode ).
No problem to place a window (not full screen) in the other space; its size doesn't change. But if then I select fullscreen, the window is placed back in the original space...
 
This is default behavior - Parallels Desktop is Mac application and fullscreen will always shows on that Space from what you started Parallels Desktop
 
Back
Top