parallels wont recongnize larger hdd space, how can i make it?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by intelcore2, Dec 17, 2006.

1. intelcore2

intelcore2 Bit poster

hey, awesome program and im loving every minute of it but before i go install some programs on it im wondering how can i make it realize the bigger hdd space i put in for it, it still shows the default 8gb of space and i want 50gb (hdd is 160gb total). I heard you can do this with a program called livecd but what do i do and could someone give me step by step instructions on how to make it recongize the updated hdd space? thanks.

main machine: mac osx 10.4.8
    guest pc: windows xp pro

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. rbodman2@mac.com

rbodman2@mac.com Junior Member

You need to run Partition Magic to expand at the 8gb partition to your new size.

3. intelcore2

intelcore2 Bit poster

yes, but how do i do this?

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

Read the sticky thread at the top of the forum. This question has been answered over and over.

5. stevegallager

stevegallager Bit poster

hi, its easy to make the partition bigger...all you need is a program for windows called partition magic 8.
    first of all when your in mac, use parallel tools to increase the drive from 8 to 50,
    then boot parallels and if you check your drive space it will still say 8, so install partition magic 8 and run it, you will seen your c drive highlighted and also an option for increasing the size , so click on that and it will allow you to icrease to 50, click apply and thats it....!