MacBook Pro (Intel Duo) newly upgraded by doing a fresh install of OSX 10.5.4.
Licensed version of Parallels, Build 5608.
I had been using a VM of Windows XP Professional on Tiger, and I moved the .hdd over to the new installation, created a new VM, told it to use the old .hdd (same build of Parallels on the Tiger), and then unchecked the "start installation" box. The VM works fine (except for the problems that I had on Tiger before, like the double mouse, etc.).
Problem:
When I look at "About Parallels Desktop" and then click "More info...", under "Virtual Machine Features," it reads "Virtualization Mode: Off". When I look at the settings for the WinXP virtual machine, under Options -> Advanced, "Enable Intel VT-x support" is checked.
The VM seems to run slower than it did before (on Tiger). So am I getting Intel VM support or not?
Licensed version of Parallels, Build 5608.
I had been using a VM of Windows XP Professional on Tiger, and I moved the .hdd over to the new installation, created a new VM, told it to use the old .hdd (same build of Parallels on the Tiger), and then unchecked the "start installation" box. The VM works fine (except for the problems that I had on Tiger before, like the double mouse, etc.).
Problem:
When I look at "About Parallels Desktop" and then click "More info...", under "Virtual Machine Features," it reads "Virtualization Mode: Off". When I look at the settings for the WinXP virtual machine, under Options -> Advanced, "Enable Intel VT-x support" is checked.
The VM seems to run slower than it did before (on Tiger). So am I getting Intel VM support or not?