ParallelsDesktop15 MacOS10.15 GraphicCard issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by 肥肥仓, Feb 25, 2020.

1. 肥肥仓

肥肥仓 Bit poster

Hi, I virtualized a MacOS10.15 on parallels desktop15 MacOS10.13. I set the vram to 2GB, but MacOS10.15 can only detect 256MB vram, now how can I let it use more vram?
    P.S. I am using a NVIDA 1080 graphics card(with 8GB vram), how can I use 4GB or even 6GB vram for parallels? (must I upgrade to the pro edition?)

2. 肥肥仓

肥肥仓 Bit poster

please,somebody help me

3. Hi, did you check this KB article? And please let us know if it's not that case.

4. 肥肥仓

肥肥仓 Bit poster

Thanks for answering, but I can't find "Auto" in Graphics memory, seems that "Auto" is only for windows.

5. Could you please make a screenshot of your VM configurations and share it with us?

6. 肥肥仓

肥肥仓 Bit poster

Thanks for answering, but I can't find "Auto" in Graphics memory, seems that "Auto" is only for windows.
    OK, here it is.

Attached Files:

7. Just one more question, which version are you using? Pro of Home edition?

8. 肥肥仓

肥肥仓 Bit poster

Home edition. Must I use Pro edition to unlock more vram?

9. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

Automatic graphics memory is applicable for both Home and Pro editions. Please clarify if you are mentioning about virtual memory(RAM). Also let us know if you are using Windows or Mac virtual machine.

10. 肥肥仓

肥肥仓 Bit poster

Uh,I was wrong. It's not virtual memory, I mean graphics memory.
    And I am using Mac virtual machine (10.15).

11. Hi 肥肥仓. macOS VM can only detect 256MB of video graphics irrespective of the resources assigned in the configuration window.