Paralles Windows Client cannot connect out of HTML5 Portal

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server – HTML5 Gateway' started by JuergenS11, Mar 14, 2020.

1. JuergenS11

JuergenS11

Hi All,
    I have published HTML5 Portal to the internet via Sophos WAF. HTML5 connection within a browser is working fine. When I try to start the windows client out of HTML5 portal I get a connection error.

Is there something special I have to take care of?

Regards, Juergen

2. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

When you launch the Windows client from the HTML5 portal do you get the Windows client actually started? The connection error happening in your case appears in the windows client, right? Please show us the error.
    HTML5 client gives Windows Client instructions on where to connect to (basically RAS connection settings) then RAS Connection is established and RDP connection to RAS Gateway is started.
    As you can see there are several communications involved in getting your app on your desktop. but normally all these communications are executed via port 443 on RAS Gateway. I doubt 443 is prohibited on your firewall unless it decrypts traffic in the middle and RAS gets HTTP traffic on 443 while waiting for HTTPS.