Pass Commands to VM

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by kkerbel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. kkerbel

kkerbel Bit poster

I'm not even sure this would be possible, but if there was a way to pass commands to cmd.exe in, say, a Windows XP vm, that would be a life saver.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

How do you prepose this be structured?

A window on the OS X side? Sure, that is technically possible, but what difference would it make?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

3. Leauki

Leauki Hunter

I have installed Services for UNIX and use ssh for remote control. Between Windows machines psexec is the right tool for passing commands. But between OS X and Windows I recommend Services for UNIX.

4. kkerbel

kkerbel Bit poster

Thanks Leauki!

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

So, you want to be able to tunnel in... Why can't you do this already? If you use Shared Networking, you forward the port (manually now and through an interface once the new Beta is stable), and if you use Briged Networking, things show up as normal, right?

6. kkerbel

kkerbel Bit poster

I want to be able to pass a command to cmd.exe to say, change a users password, etc. This has to be done in Shared Networking mode in my environment. I could use a client like Altiris then use port forwarding to pass commands that way, but I'm just asking if anyone has any other methods of doing this.