paths from Mac to Windows

PhilippeLA

Bit poster
Hi all,

I have to set a path into Windows app preference pane to send data to a Mac app although I'm in a Windows app. How could I do this; I've tried many ways but the Mac app couldn't launch.
First of all, can a Windows app open a Mac app or open files in an open Mac app?
Then what is the right way to set the path; I tried mainly :
Z:\Applications\myMacFolder\myMacApp
and :
psf//Z:\Applications\myMacFolder\myMacApp
but it doesn't work; is my path scripting right?

Thanks for your help

Philippe
 
Not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but have you added the Applications folder as a custom shared folder in your VM configuration?

Sharing -> Custom Folders

You can't run a Mac app in Windows. Maybe if you explain exactly what you are trying to do, it might help.

Steve
 
I am not sure if it is possible cause app packages in Windows looks like usual folders with some content.
But you can try the following way:
enable all folders sharing from Configuration > Options > Sharing.
use this path: \\psf\Host\Applications\application.app
 
Hi Steve and Yanayana,

Thanks for your responses. Yes indeed, sharing makes my Mac app folder to appear; it's an improvement... but Mac app refuses to launch, whatever I do with paths, so I drop it and make an export, then open it in Mac app. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it works.

Thanks for your help

Philippe
 
Back
Top