PCI Parallel port for old dongle

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Delphin, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Delphin

Delphin Bit poster

I'm having a bit of a struggle. Is there any way at all to get a PCI-e Parallel port card to map to the VM? I've got an old parallel dongle I need to use on the VM...

Help!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
    VM windows 2003 Server
    Mac OSx 10.4.10
    Intel Xserver quad 3.0 Ghz with 16 gb ram etc...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. Delphin

Delphin Bit poster

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas?:confused:

3. dionysius

dionysius Bit poster

Delphin, did you ever find a solution to the dongle-parallel card issue? I'm in search of the same thing.

Denis

4. Delphin

Delphin Bit poster

Nope. Did not find a solution...

No.
    There doesn't appear to be a solution. In the end I used a dongle emulator program and changed the way we connect from terminal service (which worked only with the old parallel dongle) to connection from each VM on each mac which we could do with the usb dongle emulator

5. Ronoc

Ronoc Bit poster

poop...

I also am using a new intel xServe trying to get a PCI-E card to work on the VM. (Windows XP) This would be a nice feature.

6. Jkirk3279

Jkirk3279 Junior Member

Hi !

I was about to ask a similar question. I have a MacBook Pro with Express Card slot.

There's an Express Card with Parallel port I've seen.

The way I figure it, if I use Boot Camp and install the Express Card, it should install in the Windows environment.

Thus, there's a fair chance it will work with the parallel port dongle. Then install Parallels to use the Boot Camp partition.

As for Parallels, the question is, how will it handle the Express Card port?

Delphin, if you're out there, could you tell me more about this dongle emulator program?