Hi,
I have been struggling with installing PD 4 for near two weeks and it always failed at the end and got the same screen as here: http://img.skitch.com/20081111-q2igi28j59t6feakcde2awqp92.jpg
I have checked the firewall settings and it accepts all connections. I reinstalled PD 3 and it works with no problem. I followed the instructions and removed all Parallels components several times: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5714, but still no luck.
I have Mac Pro with Leopard. BTW, PD 4 has no problems with my MacBook Pro (Leopard). We just bought seven licenses and don't know what to do with them. I called Parallels and have had a ticket for near two weeks.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
This is the error in parallels.log
20:35:12.565 F /prl_common_utils:591/ ParallelsDirs::Init( ) was called. Current app mode = 1
20:35:12.577 F /gui:591/ Resolving alias /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:12.577 F /gui:591/ Resolved alias = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:12.580 F /gui:591/ Adding old format VM. Alias path = /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, .pvs path = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, VM name = Microsoft Windows XP
20:35:12.582 F /gui:591/ Failed to load SDK library
20:35:12.582 F /gui:591/ Error while initializing SDK. Return code: [-2147483639]
20:35:28.557 F /prl_common_utils:597/ ParallelsDirs::Init( ) was called. Current app mode = 1
20:35:28.569 F /gui:597/ Resolving alias /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:28.569 F /gui:597/ Resolved alias = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:28.572 F /gui:597/ Adding old format VM. Alias path = /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, .pvs path = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, VM name = Microsoft Windows XP
20:35:28.574 F /gui:597/ Failed to load SDK library
20:35:28.574 F /gui:597/ Error while initializing SDK. Return code: [-2147483639]
20:35:45.458 F /prl_common_utils:603/ ParallelsDirs::Init( ) was called. Current app mode = 1
20:35:45.470 F /gui:603/ Resolving alias /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:45.470 F /gui:603/ Resolved alias = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:45.473 F /gui:603/ Adding old format VM. Alias path = /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, .pvs path = /Users/xxxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, VM name = Microsoft Windows XP
20:35:45.475 F /gui:603/ Failed to load SDK library
20:35:45.475 F /gui:603/ Error while initializing SDK. Return code: [-2147483639]
I have been struggling with installing PD 4 for near two weeks and it always failed at the end and got the same screen as here: http://img.skitch.com/20081111-q2igi28j59t6feakcde2awqp92.jpg
I have checked the firewall settings and it accepts all connections. I reinstalled PD 3 and it works with no problem. I followed the instructions and removed all Parallels components several times: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5714, but still no luck.
I have Mac Pro with Leopard. BTW, PD 4 has no problems with my MacBook Pro (Leopard). We just bought seven licenses and don't know what to do with them. I called Parallels and have had a ticket for near two weeks.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
This is the error in parallels.log
20:35:12.565 F /prl_common_utils:591/ ParallelsDirs::Init( ) was called. Current app mode = 1
20:35:12.577 F /gui:591/ Resolving alias /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:12.577 F /gui:591/ Resolved alias = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:12.580 F /gui:591/ Adding old format VM. Alias path = /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, .pvs path = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, VM name = Microsoft Windows XP
20:35:12.582 F /gui:591/ Failed to load SDK library
20:35:12.582 F /gui:591/ Error while initializing SDK. Return code: [-2147483639]
20:35:28.557 F /prl_common_utils:597/ ParallelsDirs::Init( ) was called. Current app mode = 1
20:35:28.569 F /gui:597/ Resolving alias /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:28.569 F /gui:597/ Resolved alias = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:28.572 F /gui:597/ Adding old format VM. Alias path = /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, .pvs path = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, VM name = Microsoft Windows XP
20:35:28.574 F /gui:597/ Failed to load SDK library
20:35:28.574 F /gui:597/ Error while initializing SDK. Return code: [-2147483639]
20:35:45.458 F /prl_common_utils:603/ ParallelsDirs::Init( ) was called. Current app mode = 1
20:35:45.470 F /gui:603/ Resolving alias /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:45.470 F /gui:603/ Resolved alias = /Users/xxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs
20:35:45.473 F /gui:603/ Adding old format VM. Alias path = /Users/xxx/Documents/.parallels-vm-directory/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, .pvs path = /Users/xxxx/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs, VM name = Microsoft Windows XP
20:35:45.475 F /gui:603/ Failed to load SDK library
20:35:45.475 F /gui:603/ Error while initializing SDK. Return code: [-2147483639]