PD 8 graphics performance

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PragmaticReviteer, Sep 11, 2012.

1. PragmaticReviteer

PragmaticReviteer Junior Member

So I bought PD on the premiss that graphics performance had improved. The addition of DX10 would be great for Autodesk Revit, as anti-aliasing requires DX10.

Well, not only does Revit look like hell, even something as simple as the Windows 7 "busy" pointer, the hula hoop of death, is slow, laggy and flickering. Which makes me hope that I have a specific problem. Because I assume if everyone was seeing that kind of performance hit the fecal missile would have hit the whirling metal blades already.
    So, anyone seen this and found a fix? I have tried DX 9 and DX10, I have tried Enable Full Resolution on and off (this is a mid 2010 iMac so it shouldn't matter, right?) and I have tried vertical circulation on and off. Basically, PD8 looks like crap compared to PD 7. To the point where it is totally unusable for recording training videos.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gordon

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Gordon,

Can you clarify how exactly Revit "looks like hell". A screen shot maybe?
    Also submit a problem report via Parallels Help menu and post report ID here.