PD10 Virtual Machine 'Configured for' options...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by danrog, Aug 21, 2014.

1. danrog

danrog Bit poster

Does anyone know what the different 'configure for' options actually do to the VM workload. I noticed that with the default option selected (which is Productivity), Outlook/Word/Excel/Visio has a hard time keeping up with my typing rate (which is odd, because thats what this workload is for). By this I mean it just seems sluggish rendering the text as I type and moving the cursor. Using something else, like Notepad++ I don't see this lag. The lag is pretty noticeable, and this is something with PD9 that was never an issue. My VM is Windows 7 and I use all sorts of apps that fit into each one of the categories they offer. So, what do they do exactly. I'm reluctant to change it right now because I have no idea what is does to the VM in the background and I don't feel like rebuilding it if it 'breaks' something that is irreversible.

2. Greg.S

Greg.S Bit poster

I noticed it changed the RAM allocated to my VM from 8gb but I'm not sure what else yet - I can't actually log in past the Windows 8 "Welcome" screen...