PD11: Disable "Free Up Disk Space" notifications?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by DoniK, Oct 15, 2015.

1. DoniK

DoniK Bit Poster

PD 11.0.2, but issue occurred in earlier PD11 builds too.
    Every few days I keep receiving a banner notification: "Free Up Disk Space: Parallels Desktop can free up xx.x GB of disk space on your Mac." How can I disable these notifications? I don't want to disable all OS X notification banners for PD, just these. I have no interest in ever using the free disk space wizard to reclaim disk space, and none of my VMs have real-time virtual disk optimization enabled. These notifications are just an annoyance.
    Thanks, D

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 5.37.02 AM.png

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Please check this KB

3. DoniK

DoniK Bit Poster

That KB tells me nothing about how to turn this off. This is an OS X banner notification, not one of your ads where I can click "don't show again". How do I disable this without turning off all OS X notifications for PD?

HakanL likes this.
  4. HakanL

HakanL Bit Poster

I have the same issue, almost 3 years later in PD13. I have exchanged multiple messages with Parallels support and even a remote session. They don't seem to be able to even understand that I just want to turn off the notification, so for anybody in the future who would like to disable the notification, sorry, it seems that you're out of luck.