PD4 --> BootCamp

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mark143, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mark143

mark143 Junior Member

Hi

I am very happy with my Vista Virtual Machine running in PD4. Unfortunately, I encountered a program that will not run properly in VM. Is it possible to convert my PD4 VM to BootCamp. Will this be faster that reinstalling the entire OS & some Apps in Boot Camp?

thanks

2. MarkDHardy

MarkDHardy Bit poster

PD4 -> Boot Camp

I'm in a similar situation. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition under PD4 on a 2.2 GHz MacBook. Everything works fine, but it just doesn't have enough oomph to run a certain audio application properly; this was the whole point of trying to run Windows on the Mac. So I've decided use Boot Camp instead. How can I take the virtual machine image that I've built up with Parallels and use it with Boot Camp? I particular, I've spent good money renewing my Kapsersky antivirus service, and I would like this to apply when I'm using Boot Camp. Seems fair, as the service will be protecting the same copy of Windows XP, and I'll only be running one instance at a time.

Most of what I've read seems to address the question of starting out with Boot Camp and running that image via Parallels, but in my case, I want to go the other way, and it's not clear if this is the same situation.

3. voobrajulia

voobrajulia Member