PDM 3.0->2.x OpenGL - 3DS Max and Maya Work!!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by neilford, Jul 12, 2007.

1. neilford

neilford Junior Member

I followed a thread on how to downgrade from Parallels 3.0 to 2.5 because 3.0 (build 4128) broke OpenGL for 3DS Max and Maya. I downgraded to build 3188 and now both apps work. I have to evaluate what I lost going back, but it was imperative that these apps work. I hope they grant my request to beta for them, so I can help them fix this for 3.x.

neilford

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

I'd guess you didn't lose much. PD 3 gives tighter integration between Win and OS X but at the price of having some odd and surprising application associations at times (e.g., once when running OS X with Parallels paused, a doc file tried to open in Acrobat on the WinXP side, not Win2004).

I've done all I can to decouple the two OSs -- since when I run OS X I want my files to open with OS X apps and when I run Windows thats all I want.

Bootcamp really meets all my functional needs, but Parallels lets me get to Win and back again without having to reboot each time.

Phil

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007