Photoshop error on launch "Your graphics processor is incompatible"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Brett_Conlon, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Brett_Conlon

Brett_Conlon Member

G'day,
    With the last few versions of Photoshop over the previous year or so (sorry I can't recall when it kicked in) I've had an error window that appears, when launching Photoshop, stating that my Graphics Processor is incompatible. As per the image attached, it also says that OpenCL & DirectX is unavailable and I asm using zero (0) of 1500MB VRAM.
    Is this anything I should be concerned about? I'm happy to disable the error if it's nothing to worry about.
    I used to have this error on a 2015 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 2GB Radeon) and now also on my 2019 i9 MBP (with 64GB RAM and 8 GB Radeon card).
    Are there any Parallels settings that can be changed to rectify it? In the Configure window, I have set Parallels CPU & Memory to use 4 CPU's and 32GB Memory and the Graphics option is left with default settings (ie. use high performance graphics).
    Your guidance is most appreciated!
    Regards, Brett

Attached Files:

2. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings Brett,
    Thank you for your message.
    We've created a ticket in order to proceed with investigation,
    Check your inbox, please.
    Also, you can log into my.parallels.com > In the top right corner you will see "Support" > Click on that > My Tickets. You will see the ticket number.
    Thank you!

3. motiog

motiog Bit poster

The same problem here Did you find any solution bro ??

4. Brett_Conlon

Brett_Conlon Member

Sadly no solution so far. I'm relying on support driving this, as promised in the below response when a ticket was created for this issue:
    #####################################
    Greetings Brett,
    Thank you for the information provided.
    Indeed, it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so we escalated it to the Development Team.
    Once there is a response from them - whether it is a request for additional information, a workaround or a permanent fix - we will let you know.
    In the meantime, until there is any new information, we're temporarily closing the ticket. Don't worry, it doesn't mean the issue itself was resolved and we forget about you, no. This way we avoid ticket duplication which may increase the time required for a fix. It usually takes time to go into a complicated virtualization software. Yet, we will do our best to find a solution as soon as possible.
    #####################################
    But, thanks for the reminder... I've emailed them for an update.

Can I suggest that you also create a case for it so that it maybe gets escalated higher?

Thanks! Brett

5. SimonP14

SimonP14 Bit poster

i have same problem, did you ever solve?

6. ViSiV

ViSiV Bit poster

Same Problem. Does it mean we can no longer use Photoshop on Windows in a virtual environment with Parallels? Does Parallels Display Adapter no longer have OpenGL?

7. ViSiV

ViSiV Bit poster

A screenshot of the message (German language):
    Parallels Photoshop Issue.jpg

8. Brett_Conlon

Brett_Conlon Member

The good news is that all the Adobe apps (eg. PS, Illy, Acro, etc) will run but I think they are limited. I have a 2019 MBP with an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB graphics card and, according to that dialogue, I'm not utilising any of it.

From time-to-time I see strange video-related glitches when using these apps and sometimes I need to close/re-launch them or reboot Windows to get back to normal. I'm still waiting for a solid update to my case (ie. something more than we're looking into it).

9. LaneL

LaneL

Same issue. 2019 MBP. 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Sonoma 14.1 (23B74), Parallels v 19.1.0 (54729).
    Screen Shot 2023-11-06 at 12.55.12.png
    I can't see any relevant options to adjust under Devices, within Parallels.

10. LutherB1

LutherB1 Bit poster

I also go this issue but my PS when i close that error automatically open up and working fine too but yeah it create a lot of rendering issues.