Picky mouse release question/USB drive question

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by oswaler, Jun 19, 2007.

1. oswaler

oswaler Member

I'm using Parallels 3.0 with a VM pointing at an XP Boot Camp partition. Everything is working very well.

When I first started using it, my mouse could come and go as it pleased. In other words, I could click in the VM and work with windows and move back to the Mac OS (I'm using 2 monitors) and I didn't have to do anything special to release the mouse from the VM. Now I have to hit Alt+Enter every time I want to switch the mouse from the VM to Mac OS. This is the way I thought it would be, and I was surprised when I was initially able to move back and forth at will.

Is there some way to get back to letting the mouse roam at will?

Also, a separate question. There is a problem with my USB Hard drive when I try to start the VM, I get an error saying there are 2 different hard drives and Parallels doesn't know which one to use. I read the threads suggesting unplugging the hard drive first (which works, but is a real pain) or modifying the .csv file with a bunch of stuff I don't understand. Has there been a better solution to this, or are we still stuck unplugging and replugging the USB drive?