Plan9

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by ccparallels, Jul 31, 2008.

1. ccparallels

ccparallels Member

I'm curious about installing Plan 9 under Parallels. There seems to be info on the internet but I cannot follow all of it.

Does anybody know of up-to-date install instructions?

I got so far as to get Plan 9 running under Parallels, however, it does not seem to have network going, and I'm unclear whether I need to install a patch or not described in some of the instructions on the internet.

As well, I can't figure out how to get Plan 9 to use the actual CD drive, neither for a CD nor for a DVD. ANybody figure this out? (I'm referring to once it's up, for install, I pulling a plan9 iso image and used that).

Also, I let it use default screen info, and can't seem to figure out how to change it now that the system is up. I may or may not try to reinstall to get it right, but figure I still want to know how anyway.

TIA.

2. ccparallels

ccparallels Member

And... can Plan 9 use the Mac filesystem in any way? (I suppose this is connected to getting networking working??)

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

If you can install Plan 9, and Plan 9 has ability to mount NFS shares, you can export partition in Mac OS to Plan9

4. ccparallels

ccparallels Member

I don't know if it supports NFS mount's... anybody know?