Please don't use CMD-L for Window Toggle

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sirris101, Dec 8, 2006.

1. sirris101

sirris101 Member

Dear Parallels Folks-

I love, love, love your software. It makes owning a Mac a reality for me. One small request: please don't use the hotkey CMD-L to toggle from Fullscreen to Window mode. In build 3036, hitting CMD-L will switch to Window mode.

I use that key combo to select the address bar in Internet Explorer and Firefox in Windows XP. Now due to that hotkey, I cannot. When I do, the fullscreen mode switchs to a Window.

Pretty please do one of the following:

1) Change to hotkey to something else that isn't used in Windows applications
    2) Allow me to set the hotkey to something I prefer, just like the other hotkeys.
    3) Disable the hotkey altogether (not preferred)

Thanks,
    js

2. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

technically cmd is mapped to the windows key in windows... you use windowskey + l to select the address?

i've found myself annoyed by hitting that key by habit from OS X and popping up the start menu, so I've remapped it to control in windows with the program (free) KeyTweak. It makes things much more consistent when working in windows/os x at the same time, such as commands:

ctrl+s saving
    ctrl+c copying
    ctrl+v pasting
    ctrl+w closing windows

etc

You can save yourself some headache by remapping some keys to whatever you want in windows

3. sirris101

sirris101 Member

Yeah- I use a similar utility. I've remapped it to CTRL also.

My issue is this, I use an external Naturnal (ergonomic keyboard) by Microsoft. The Mac OS drivers for this keyboard set the ALT key to CMD so it works like a Mac keyboard. I like that. However, in parallels, when I push that key and L, Parallels goes to Window mode.

Please remove, change or customize that Hotkey.