Please fix timesync / time zone issues!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pufferdude, Jan 21, 2016.

1. pufferdude

pufferdude Member

This forum is riddled with post about timesync and Windows guests switching from Central Time to Central America, dating back to 2010... and IT'S STILL A PROBLEM. MBP running OSX 10.10.5, Parallels 11 with Windows 10 guest. Mac is set to Central Time. Windows is set to Central Time. IF you tell Parallels to "sync from OSX", within a minute Windows will switch to Central *America* timezone. Telling Parallels to "do not sync" time prevents this from happening, but it is not a good solution... why? Because when I have do not sync enabled, when waking the Mac from sleep windows will have the time it was shut down, and takes FOREVER to re-sync with the domain on its own. With Parallels set to sync from OSX, upon waking Windows will fix its time within a minute.

So PLEASE, do not point me at your tired KB article telling me to disable "sync from OSX" as a SOLUTION to this issue. It's been around forever and it's STILL THERE on Parallels 11.1.2! Please treat this as the BUG it is and put an engineer on it to FIX IT once and for all.

Thank you.

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hello pufferdude,
    Please do a manual installation of Parallels Tools and check if it fixes the issue.

If this continues to be the same, kindly reply with a Problem Report ID by referring to this article so we can check it for you.

3. AraM

AraM Bit poster

I am experiencing the same issue: Problem Report ID - 91907938 has been uploaded.
    Support Code: 43549-31989

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

5. AraM

AraM Bit poster

Yes - I already tried that.

6. Neko

Neko Bit poster

Holy smokes, this. I've been working on an application that is reading and creating time-sensitive files, and I've just discovered this problem. It is going to cost me DAYS of work. To find that is has been a problem for years is infuriating.

7. AraM

AraM Bit poster

i am experiencing: Time zone/clocks in Virtual Machine is out of sync with Mac OS time zone
    i have followed the steps outlined in http://kb.parallels.com/en/113271 but the problem continues
    Using Desktop version 11 for Mac (11.2.3)
    Support Code: 43549-31989
    Fix would be appreciated