please help, can't install solaris 10 06/06 version

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by aussiebuddha, Aug 5, 2006.

1. aussiebuddha

aussiebuddha Bit poster

I just downloaded yesterday the latest version of Solaris 10 06/06 from the Sun website.
    Created a VM under parallels with 512mb ram.
    unfortunately after the GRUB boot menu, it starts loading, and then the page remains blank.

does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks to all for the help..

2. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

Search this forum there are several posts on this. I've installed 10 06 version and everything except the mouse worked perfectly. Make sure the MD5 checksum is correct and try the DVD instead of the CD. Regardless there are many posts and many 'fixes" and suggestions.

Cheers,
    Peter

3. paseng

paseng Bit poster

Its installed and working for me

I just got the latest parallels mac version release today from the site, make sure you have that
    one because it work perfectly for me. I only have 1gig of Ram on my Mac Pro 2.66.

I did download the DVD version of the Solaris 10 install. There are 5 parts to get.
    Then I followed Sun's instructions and used the Terminal to cat all 5 pieces
    together to create one large ISO file. Then I used apple's Disk Utility to burn the
    DVD ISO.

I did get an error at first because I didnt allocate enough RAM memory to the VM.
    I set mine to 604 MB. I also gave my solaris 10 16 gigs of disk space to work with.

I started it up and ran through the solaris 10 install and everything went fine.
    The only issue is after the first reboot it kept asking for the Software 5 CD/DVD?
    It took a few times but it finally recognized the same disk I used for the whole
    install and it finished up.

Once you get it installed check this thread out for console view/resolution issues I ran into
    and found the fix: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=20455#post20455
    Topic Name: console view

My next issue is getting the network to work through the "Bridged Network" setting?

Good luck and try this out,

paseng :cool: