Please Help! Network Connection Lost

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ari, Apr 16, 2007.

1. ari

ari Member

Well, my Monday is a bit manic. We have lost our wireless connection in the office so I am using the ethernet cable. I have interent on the Mac (switched to built-in ethernet) but not on Parallels.

The network adapter is set to Bridged Ethernet. I changed it from en1:Airport/Wireless to en0:ethernet adapter and it didn't work. I also tried default adapter. When I start Parallels, I don't get a warning about the connection not being there, yet it is not there.

If I click "advanced" on the n/w adapter settings I see the following:

Type: Realtek 8029(AS)
    MAC Address: 008844EC2005

Macbook pro intel core duo 2.16 ghz + 2gb ram. 3186 build

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ari

PS: I am dummy when it comes to computer troubleshooting

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I recommend that you try setting it up as "Shared Networking"

At the bottom right of your Parallels Window, you should see some little icons. One of these will be for networking. Try right-clicking on it and selecting Shared Networking.

Come back to us if this does not work for you.

3. ari

ari Member

found a network icon in the lower right corner. if i scroll over it it says i am connected

if i right click this icon, i get the following options: disable, status, repair, bridge connections, create shortcut, delete, rename and properties.

i didnt find anything called shared networking. is this the correct button?

thaks
    ari

4. ari

ari Member

ok, found the button on the parallels screen. changed to shared networking. still doesn't work

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm... type in 'netstat' in the command window for windows (without quotes, of course) and give us the output.

6. ari

ari Member

Our IT guy was here and he fixed it. I don't know what he did, it was something with the IP address. But it is working, thanks!

7. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Probably was a static. ;)

8. mikrope

mikrope Bit poster

Wireless no network connection with

I have got the same problem.
    When i connect with cable there is no problem to connect the parallels to the network,
    when i try it with wireless it doesn' t work.
    I tried everything, (shared, hosted, driver update, new network device,...). the network card however obtains an IP number through DHCP with the correct parameters (gateway, dns), there is a link between the wireless and the parallels network card.

I have this problem since the last major upgrade.
    The parallels build is 3188.

any idea would be very welcome,
    Mik Rope

9. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Have you uninstalled any network drivers you installed on your PC, then un-install Paralells tools, then re-installed Parallels tools?