I have a vagrant-based vm with a development database. I'm developing in Visual Studio on windows. In order to connect easily to the VM, vagrant sets up port forwarding for me. The application on windows than can always connect to localhost:1234 to get to the database.
When developing on my MacBook, I have windows with VS running in one VM and linux with the database in another. Is there any way, I can set up port forwarding from my windows development machine to the linux database? Both run in Parallels with the shared network and I can access the database from my windows machine, if I configure the correct IP Address, however I don't really feel like checking and updating that configuration, every time my database VM gets destroyed and recreated (happens quite often).
Thanks
When developing on my MacBook, I have windows with VS running in one VM and linux with the database in another. Is there any way, I can set up port forwarding from my windows development machine to the linux database? Both run in Parallels with the shared network and I can access the database from my windows machine, if I configure the correct IP Address, however I don't really feel like checking and updating that configuration, every time my database VM gets destroyed and recreated (happens quite often).
Thanks