Hi
Im having an absolute nightmare forwarding a port for a program i run via parallels. Im certain im doing everything correct but the port is still not being forwarded...
here is the deal.
I am running the latest version of Parallels on the latest version of OSX. I am trying to forward a port which a program called Soulseek requires to be open in order to return decent search results.
The way i have thing setup are as follows
- Soulseeks listening port is set to 18569 (TCP)
- I have setup a static IP for Windows which is 192.168.1.105
- I have Parallels set to "Airport (Bridged)"
- In my Linksys WRT54G Router i have forwarded the TCP port 18569 for the IP address 192.168.105
Now theoretically that should mean that the port would be forwaded... correct ? But instead of Soulseek saying the port is Open it keeps saying it's still Closed.
What am i doing wrong ?
Any help would REALLY be appreciated, this has bemused me for hours on end and i have no idea what to do to sort out the problem.
Im having an absolute nightmare forwarding a port for a program i run via parallels. Im certain im doing everything correct but the port is still not being forwarded...
here is the deal.
I am running the latest version of Parallels on the latest version of OSX. I am trying to forward a port which a program called Soulseek requires to be open in order to return decent search results.
The way i have thing setup are as follows
- Soulseeks listening port is set to 18569 (TCP)
- I have setup a static IP for Windows which is 192.168.1.105
- I have Parallels set to "Airport (Bridged)"
- In my Linksys WRT54G Router i have forwarded the TCP port 18569 for the IP address 192.168.105
Now theoretically that should mean that the port would be forwaded... correct ? But instead of Soulseek saying the port is Open it keeps saying it's still Closed.
What am i doing wrong ?
Any help would REALLY be appreciated, this has bemused me for hours on end and i have no idea what to do to sort out the problem.