Possible to dim main screen wehen using Parallels in full screen on extented monitor?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by gleichzeitiger, Feb 3, 2013.

1. gleichzeitiger

gleichzeitiger Bit poster

Possible to dim main screen when using Parallels in full screen on extented monitor?

Hello!

My iMac is connected to my tv for playing games and watching movies. When I watch movies on my tv which is set up as an extension of the main screen with VLC or MPlayerX the main monitor gets dark the moment I set the video player full screen on the tv.

Is it possible to get the same effect with Parallels when I set a virtual machine to full screen on my tv? I want to play a Windows game on my tv and don't want to get distracted by the main monitor which is set up in the same room. Since there is no way to turn that off without turning off the whole machine, I think the function that the media players use to darken it at least is very useful. Would be great if I could get the same effect with for example a full screen Windows 7 on my tv running a game that darkens the monitor the same time.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013