Postgresql ODBC Driver Unicode 64 bit

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by EllenP1, Jan 24, 2022.

1. EllenP1

EllenP1 Bit poster

Hello, I am having many troubles setting up the Postgresql ODBC Unicode64 Driver on the VM. I am working on Mac M1 and windows 11. I am wondering if this issue is linked to the windows ARM. I have downloaded the most recent ODBC driver from Postgres called - psqlodbc_13_02_0000-x64 and then in trying to install I get the error

"Error install ODBC Driver: PostgreSQL ANSI 64 ODBC error 13 The setup routines for the PostgreSQL ANSI 64 ODBC driver could not be installed due to system error 193. Verify that the file Postgresql ANSI 64 exists and you can access it"

In looking into the ANSI related topics it seems like there is a lack in the ARM configuration. But this is just a wild guess. Is there a solution?

2. Bas Hassink

Bas Hassink Bit poster

Same issue here, EllenP1 if you have a resolution please let me know.

3. JUANC30

JUANC30 Bit poster

Same problem for me.

4. Joanna3

Joanna3 Bit poster

Same issue - Did someone find a solution for this?

5. CarstenV3

CarstenV3 Bit poster

Same here. Pretty much exhausted everything I could think of.
    Did anyone find a solution to this?

6. ZoltanT1

ZoltanT1 Bit poster

Same by my machine to.
    Is there any alternative?
    Thanks

7. SebastiaanC

SebastiaanC Bit poster

Same here, any updates?

8. AndyB25

AndyB25 Bit poster

I was able to get it to work by using the odbcad32.exe app from the Windows\SysWOW64 folder. You need to use a 32-bit driver for it to work.

9. JamesM55

JamesM55 Bit poster

Has anyone found a solution for 64bit drivers?

10. BobC7

BobC7 Bit poster

Windows 11 has regressed to need a redistributable and visual studio setup as pre-requirements to install MySQL Connector ODBC 64. ODBC 64 is required for all modern Office programs. Installing redistributable and VS Setup on a windows machine is straightforward. Installing them on Parallels is impossible. For our customers, we're recommending they avoid Windows 11 until either Microsoft changes or Parallels changes. It will be interesting to see which is more responsive to its customers.

RichardD34 likes this.
  11. RodrigoG6

RodrigoG6 Bit poster

Hi, has anyone found a solution? Please Help ...