Printer Driver Installation Issue,error 0x800f0214

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by 12341, Oct 11, 2021.

1. 12341

12341 Bit poster

Hello!
    I have an issue with my Windows system which is installed on an M1 Macbook, meaning it has Windows ARM. The problem is related to the fact that I am unable to install the driver for my new printer, and therefore unable to use it. For context, the printer is a Xerox Workcenter 3025, which requires its own xerox driver to work. However, whenever I try to install the driver, it gives me an error saying: "Operation could not be completed: error 0x800f0214." I believe that this issue is connected to the fact that it has Windows ARM, but I would appreciate it if anybody could help me. Looking for a driver through Windows update has solved the same issue with my previous printer, which was a Samsung one, but this time since Windows only recognizes the printer as a scanner, I am unable to find and install the driver automatically with Windows. I tried looking for an update through device management, where Windows searches for it online, also tried running the setup file in compatibility mode but no success. I have also tried selecting different windows drivers that are preinstalled on the computer but none of them managed to help the system recognize the device as a printer. I even updated to Windows 11 hoping it might change things, but it did not help. In conclusion, is there any way to install the driver without getting this error?

ChristopherC21 likes this.
  2. 12341

12341 Bit poster

I would also like to add that I've tried Parallels' printer share feature but it does not print anything even though it works fine on the Mac system.

3. Hello,
    Could you collect the technical report once the issue reoccurs please and post the report's ID here?

4. 12341

12341 Bit poster

Hi,
    Thank you very much for your assistance! The report ID is the following : 380979072

5. Hello, could you upgrade your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build 17.1.0 and check the issue please?

6. 12341

12341 Bit poster

Hi,
    I've upgraded both Parallels and Windows to the latest version,but the issue is still there.

7. 12341

12341 Bit poster

Solved!I managed to make shared printer work by manually installing the driver for the printer through mac then sharing it with windows. Thank you for your help!

8. AnujM

AnujM Bit poster

So I have the same issue on Macbook Air M1 and Win 11 on parallels version 17 (latest version downloaded today). Same error message while installing driver for Samsung ML 2010 printer. The above solution (download driver for MacOs & then share with Win 11) will not work for me because there is NO driver for MaOS Monterey.
    Have sent a Messenger note to Parallels team and lets see what they say.

[​IMG]

9. José AntonioB

José AntonioB Bit poster

Did you get any answer? I have the same problem with a Samsung CLX-3185FW...

10. x00David00x

x00David00x Bit poster

Has anyone solved this? I have a Mac Mini M2 running Parallels 18.3.0.
    I've successfully installed my printer software on my Windows 11 laptop and also my Intel Mac Pro running Parallels 18.3.0, but can't figure it out on my Mac Mini M2 or my Mac Mini M1.
    I don't want to share the printer, I need the software and drivers on my Mac M2

Thanks,

11. ChristopherC21

ChristopherC21

I have the same issue. Seems like after the last Parallels, Windows updates I can no longer install print drivers. No problems prior to these updates. MacBook Air, M1, Sonoma 14.1.1.

12. AdiT1

AdiT1 Bit poster

any chance you can explain to me how to do it?

13. GaryA8

GaryA8

Sharing the printer does not work for me. Doesn't show up in quickbooks. Can't install the print drivers from Ricoh as the install window just keeps going back to select the driver location