Printer Install Issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by BenF5, Jun 23, 2021.

1. BenF5

BenF5 Bit poster

New user to mac and parallels here. So I wanted to really try out this M1 CPU and the new system architecture, but need Windows for a business based application that cannot run on MacOS. At any rate, I installed Parallels no issue, installed Windows 10 for ARM no issue. Established a couple connections with 2 other printers without problems. I am trying to connect to a zebra label printer though and it requires a connection via IP. So I add a new printer via IP/TCP, put in my local IP address, when it gets to the driver portion, I point to the folder with the INF file in order to select the correct driver. Instead of bringing up that window like it would during normal installations on windows, it just clears the text box and resets with a D:\ prompt.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Try installing as a TCP/IP printer, but when prompted use the default Parallels Driver (I think it was Parallels Shared USB).
    This worked for me when installing an HP multi-function LaserJet printer that as a TCP/IP printer.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hello,
    Did you get any specific error message?
    What is your virtual machine network mode?