Printing Problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RickP3, Nov 5, 2019.

1. RickP3

RickP3 Bit poster

While not a Mac/Parallels user, I'm trying to help a customer of mine determine why the font style displayed within a windows software program does not print the same font style. Even redirecting a print command to a PDF printer results in a different style font when viewed in the PDF print viewer. If this was a purely windows environ, I believe we (customer and I) could figure this out. I'm not sure how the Parallels interface impacts the process.
    So maybe someone could answer a 'basic' questions about the print process.
    1. Is the printer only installed on the Mac side? or does the printer need installing on the 'windows' side too?
    Another way of asking is, Which OS is directing/controlling the print command?
    The only possible solution I have found on the internet would be to uninstall/remove the printer, then reinstall with newest drivers. I would do this only on the 'Windows' side of the equation, but it would not make any sense if the 'Windows' side relinquished print control to the Mac OS?
    Thanking you in advance

2. @RickP3, you can install printer on the Mac side and share in with your VM or you can connect your printer directly to vm
    please let us know if it's not that case.