prl_disp_service

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MrWrighty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Running version 15.0.0 (46967) of parallels. Been running fine for a while now, but this morning the prl_disp_service has been sucking the life out of my Mac. I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

I'm constantly getting the beachball and my Mac locks up.

Forcing a power down is my only option at the moment.

2. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

Please refer to the article https://kb.parallels.com/8089 to stop and start prl_disp_service and also run First Aid on Mac to check.

3. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Have followed the kb from Parallels. Didn't fix the issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled parallels and still the same problem this morning. Cause MAC to complete freeze with 98.7% CPU usage. Multiple reboots does fix the problem temporarily, but I know that it will be a problem at some point today.

4. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Yep sure enough as soon as I open Parallels and try to start a Windows VM, it hangs the MAC. Cannot do anything, mouse freezes, nothing responds, no beach ball. Hard power off is the only option.

5. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Is it possible to reproduce the issue, generate the tech report right after that and post the report's ID here.

6. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

I wish I could. My MAC just goes to a freeze state so it is impossible to complete any reports or click any links. I will try again at some point, but I'm being very selective about when I start Parallels knowing that I might have to reboot (Force power off) to gain control.

7. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Could you please try to collect the tech report after restarting Mac?

8. RobertM52

RobertM52 Bit poster

I've put up with this issue for months with no resolution. Tried support ticket which got me nowhere. There are other threads re: same issue going back years. I've unfortunately cancelled my subscription and moved on to VMWare Fusion. I was losing way too much billable time messing with a problem that Parallels has yet to acknowledge (always asking for tech report never offering solution).

Take my advice and move on.

Bob Merriman