PRL_ERR_DISK_FILE_OPEN_ERROR when trying to add Win10 boot camp to parallels.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JonA4, Dec 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JonA4

JonA4 Bit poster

Good day,

I've removed my parallels install and installed a boot camp partition for times that I need native boot performance but I am unable to add it to parallels for access in OSX High Sierra with the error:
    Failed to configure the Boot Camp partition's hard disk. A disk configuration error has occurred. Make sure that you have read/write permissions for the disk.

Late 2016 MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar High Sierra
    Boot camp Install of Win 10 Creators update

I've tried many things I've found in the forums including manually adding the bootcamp image rather than using the wizard.
    I've run chkdsk on my Windows and Mac partitions and found no issues.
    I'm able to access to the files on my boot camp partition with no issues.

Any thoughts?

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello JonA4, please let us know the version of Mac OS X running on your Mac (Apple icon -> About This Mac) and the version of Parallels Desktop (see http://bit.ly/1mE3Gpf for assistance) installed on your machine.Thanks!

3. JonA4

JonA4 Bit poster

OSx ver: 10.13.2 (17C88)
    Parallels: Version 12.2.1 (41615)

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac is not compatible with Mac OS X High Sierra. So we would request you to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac. To know more, please refer this article Thanks!