Problem connecting with programs Lutron Radiora2 & Lutron Homeworks

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DylanS2, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Bit poster

On my last MacBook Pro (Intel chip), I was using VMware Fusion to run RadioRA2 Essentials 12.10 on Windows 10 over WiFi without any problems. Recently, got an M1 Pro MacBook so had to switch to Parallels and am using Windows 11 for ARM Preview. Now, I cannot connect to the repeater over WiFi. As the older MacBook Pro worked on the same network, I can eliminate my eero Pros and Ubiquiti switch as the source of the problem. I am running the Parallels network in Bridge mode and Windows Defender firewall is turned off. I also disabled the firewall and my anti-virus on macOS. I can telnet and access the repeater via web using http://192.168.1.4.

My guess is that it's a multicast reception problem with Parallels when using a WiFi adapter. I have not tried a wired connection yet though I suspect it will work OK based on what I've read in this and other forums.

2. NateS2

NateS2 Bit poster

Just confirmed that I am able to connect if I use my Belkin USB-C Ethernet adapter. So the problem seems to be a combination of Parallels, WiFi and multicast as this was working on my previous MacBook using VMware Fusion and WiFi.

3. BrennenM

BrennenM Bit poster

this is getting pretty sad, we all pay a sad about of money to this company for this product and for years there has been no fix, it once worked and now it doesn't, has anyone found a way to connect to a processor over wifi using parallels? seems like there isn't a way for them to figure it out and I may need to go another route.

4. CedricL3

CedricL3 Bit poster

Any progress on this? It seems like upgrading my Mac/Parallels has caused a lot or problems I didn't have before.

5. ErikA9

ErikA9 Bit poster

Parallels team, has there been any progress with multicast traffic via WiFi connection? Using Parallels version 18, with Windows 11 and can only see multicast traffic using ethernet connection.

6. NickP21

NickP21 Bit poster

m2 - Ventura 13.2 - Parallels 18.2 - Designer works just fine with bridged network, no luck on wifi
    Have full control of wifi, anything I can do to help get me talking, it sucks to ID keypads and run around the house every time

7. DominicS5

DominicS5 Bit poster

I have a related question, that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

As part of the designer software installation process for the current RadioRA2 software (v12), there is an authentication process when you first open the software. It sends you to the Lutron site to sign in, and then attempts to communicate back to authenticate you have completed the appropriate training. However, on parallels, I cannot get this to work. Does anyone know what settings have to be updated for this to work?

After you login it, the browser tries to go to:
    127.0.0.1:58889/?code = xxxxxxx (presumably something that the RadioRA2 software can interpret)
    I get an error message ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I've tried using bridged and shared network, replacing the URL with the appropriate IP address for each (192.168.1.xx / 10.211.55.x), but still get the same results.
    I've tried opening the 58889 port (on the router) and pointing it to the appropriate IP address, but also makes no difference

I guess another option would be an older version of the software, as I read this authentication process was recently added, but I can't find those online anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help!