Problem connecting with programs Lutron Radiora2 & Lutron Homeworks

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DylanS2, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Bit Poster

On my last MacBook Pro (Intel chip), I was using VMware Fusion to run RadioRA2 Essentials 12.10 on Windows 10 over WiFi without any problems. Recently, got an M1 Pro MacBook so had to switch to Parallels and am using Windows 11 for ARM Preview. Now, I cannot connect to the repeater over WiFi. As the older MacBook Pro worked on the same network, I can eliminate my eero Pros and Ubiquiti switch as the source of the problem. I am running the Parallels network in Bridge mode and Windows Defender firewall is turned off. I also disabled the firewall and my anti-virus on macOS. I can telnet and access the repeater via web using http://192.168.1.4.

My guess is that it's a multicast reception problem with Parallels when using a WiFi adapter. I have not tried a wired connection yet though I suspect it will work OK based on what I've read in this and other forums.

2. NateS2

NateS2 Bit Poster

Just confirmed that I am able to connect if I use my Belkin USB-C Ethernet adapter. So the problem seems to be a combination of Parallels, WiFi and multicast as this was working on my previous MacBook using VMware Fusion and WiFi.