Problem PDFM 3.0 and Office Visio 2007/Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by macsR4hipstasheep, Jul 13, 2007.

1. macsR4hipstasheep

macsR4hipstasheep Bit poster

I'm new to Parallels so please forgive if this question has arisen before. I have PDFM 3.0 (latest public update) installed on a new MBP with Mac OS x 10.4.10 w/ 2GB physical memory, 768 allocated to virtual machine. Default 32GB VM disk.

Visio 2007 seems to work properly on my Windows XP machine but on this Vista Ultimate guest OS virtual machine (all latest updates installed) Im having some strange problems. I am not able to consistently edit Visio's object properties and cannot quit Visio nor shutdown the guest OS (until i abort the Visio app process). When I try to exit Visio I get the following message,

"You cannot quit Visio because a program is handling an event from Visio. If Visual Basic for Applications is at Breakpoint reset VBA then quit again."

The problem recurrs often enough to suggest it's an issue with the Parallels Desktop for Mac environment and not Win Vista, though naturally I can say for sure. Needless to say I can no longer rely on PDFM.

Any ideas what's causing this? More importantly, any ideas how to rectify?

Shapeshifter