I changed the name of a VM in Configuration. However, I noticed that the .pvm file does NOT get renamed automatically.
Why is this the case?
I would assume that both should be kept identical and that the .pvm files should also be automatically renamed, if the name is changed in Configuration.
Currently, I do my backup of my VMs manually, and if I want to keep different versions of a particular VM, I want this to be reflected by a different name where the name of the .pvm file is identical to the name in Configuration.
BUT if I go about and simply manually change the name of the .pvm file after having it changed in Configuration, the Virtual Machine List gets messed up.
Why is this the case?
I would assume that both should be kept identical and that the .pvm files should also be automatically renamed, if the name is changed in Configuration.
Currently, I do my backup of my VMs manually, and if I want to keep different versions of a particular VM, I want this to be reflected by a different name where the name of the .pvm file is identical to the name in Configuration.
BUT if I go about and simply manually change the name of the .pvm file after having it changed in Configuration, the Virtual Machine List gets messed up.