Hello, I'd very much appreciate help.
I have a problem transferring Windows 10 from Parallels Desktop 11 to Parallels Desktop 12. Installation seems to be fine. Here is what I tried:
I installed Parallels Transporter Agent (PTA) on my virtual Windows 10 which runs on Parallels Desktop (PD) 11. I used the latest one for PD12.
- Transfer data via Network:
I get a passcode on PD12 which I enter in PTA 11, PTA tries to verify it but I get "Unable to use a passcode." When I try it with the IP address that PTA gives me (first of all a list of computers in the network never appears and if I enter the IP manually) I get a popup saying "Unable to connect to Parallels Transporter Agent."
- Transfer data via external HD:
PTA issues "An error occurred while collecting information about the computer."
At this point I followed the instructions here http://kb.parallels.com/5074 but got the same message.
All firewalls, mac and windows, are currently off. Do you have any helpful suggestions?
I have a problem transferring Windows 10 from Parallels Desktop 11 to Parallels Desktop 12. Installation seems to be fine. Here is what I tried:
I installed Parallels Transporter Agent (PTA) on my virtual Windows 10 which runs on Parallels Desktop (PD) 11. I used the latest one for PD12.
- Transfer data via Network:
I get a passcode on PD12 which I enter in PTA 11, PTA tries to verify it but I get "Unable to use a passcode." When I try it with the IP address that PTA gives me (first of all a list of computers in the network never appears and if I enter the IP manually) I get a popup saying "Unable to connect to Parallels Transporter Agent."
- Transfer data via external HD:
PTA issues "An error occurred while collecting information about the computer."
At this point I followed the instructions here http://kb.parallels.com/5074 but got the same message.
All firewalls, mac and windows, are currently off. Do you have any helpful suggestions?