Problem with parallels shared libs

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by JanO3, Dec 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JanO3

JanO3 Bit poster

I tried to run chrome on centos 7.x within the latest parallels, but stuck with this error:

$ ./chrome
    ./chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libPrlDRI.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Reinstalling parallel tools didn't help. Any clues?

2. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

3. Pokono

Pokono Bit poster

I've notice the same behaviour using vagrant & ubuntu 18.04 with ffmpeg.
    Works fine when the machine is first created but after `vagrant halt` and `vagrant up`(so basically after a reboot) ffmpeg stops working with the same error:
    `ffprobe: error while loading shared libraries: libPrlDRI.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory`.

Any clue? I'm resorting to use `suspend` to avoid the issue but every time I need to restart the machine, I need to destroy and recreate the whole machine.

AndreaD4 likes this.
  4. Pokono

Pokono Bit poster

Any update?

5. AndreaD4

AndreaD4 Bit poster

Same problem here with Debian Buster and ffmpeg unfortunately..

6. ClementM

ClementM Bit poster

You can force your install to use the libraries, this is a bit of a hack but works well in my CentOS 7 VMs:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd /usr/lib64
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libPrlDRI.so.1.0.0 .
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libPrlWl.so.1.0.0 .
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libEGL.so.1.0.0 .
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libgbm.so.1.0.0 .
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libGL.so.1.0.0 .
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libPrlDRI.so.1.0.0 libPrlDRI.so.1
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libPrlWl.so.1.0.0 libPrlWl.so.1
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libEGL.so.1.0.0 libEGL.so.1
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libgbm.so.1.0.0 libgbm.so.1
    ln -sf /usr/lib/parallels-tools/tools/tools64/lib/libGL.so.1.0.0 libGL.so.1

7. TeresaA

TeresaA Bit poster

Basic (the most common)
    1.On Mac menu bar find Parallels logo > choose Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools.
    2.Parallels Tools will start updating, when finished, click Restart to reboot the virtual machine and complete the installation.

8. ClementM

ClementM Bit poster

I'm using Vagrant VMs that I build with Packer. The base box is built with the Parallels Tools/Guest Additions (something like this: https://github.com/chef/bento/blob/master/packer_templates/centos/centos-7.8-x86_64.json) and they work fine but the libraries don't after the first reboot. Provisioning works fine, but I think it overwrites the Parallels shared libs. I suspect LibreOffice might be doing that as it's the only program that won't work without the workaround above.
    In many cases Reinstall Parallels Tools might be enough, but in the case of a managed VM it's not much help.

9. Pokono

Pokono Bit poster

Issue still persist, I haven't literally been able to reboot my VMs for a year now.