Problem with search in Forum

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by lucaseve, Aug 26, 2007.

1. lucaseve

lucaseve Member

Hi everyone,

Since a couple of weeks when I try to use the search on forum I always receive this response:

lucaseve, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What's wrong with my account? Any hint?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Luca Severini

2. vjl

vjl Bit poster

Same here. Makes searching for answers very difficult! I guess Parallels doesn't mind the extra load on their servers from people having to browse their site. I guess they don't also mind the amount of users' wasted time, spent on browsing for what they're looking for, or simply giving up and starting a new thread since they could not find one that had info they were looking for.

Dumb!

/vjl/

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

4. vjl

vjl Bit poster

When viewing a forum, at the bottom left of the page, there is a "search this forum" text box and an orange "go"-like button. I type in what I want to search for and hit return [or click the orange button], and I get the exact same message as the OP. Note I just created [and confirmed] my account today, as until today I didn't know that Parallels had another forum [the one listed in the Community link is for virtual packages only; i could not find this forum linked anywhere on the parallels.com site other than in some knowledge base answers].

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

That is very strange. I'd love to hear from Parallels on this. Also, any regular or senior members with the issue?

6. vjl

vjl Bit poster

I failed to answer your original question and yes, I *can* use the search link at the top navbar. I did not notice it at first, as I was looking for a search box, not a search link. So, in summary, the search link does work for me, but the search box [search this forum] does not.

/vjl/

EDIT: search this *thread* box *does* work for me when viewing a thread. Search this *forum* box does not work for me [throws me to the OP's error message]

7. David5000

David5000 Pro

I get the same results as the OP.

Before this I never searched while viewing a specific forum, though--in fact I don't think I have ever even viewed a specific forum. Usually I log in and click on New Posts. From there the only Search available is via the upper navigation bar, which works fine. Otherwise, if I don't log in, I view Today's Posts and also access Search via the upper navigation bar.

David

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  8. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Well, crap! I can't use it (the search box in the forum) either. *puts on a pouty voice* And you think with all the contributions I made they would let me search a specific forum... Geez... ;)

Anyway, I think we have the issue isolated, now it 'just' needs to be fixed.

9. ialubimii

ialubimii Bit poster

Fixed now.

Thanks for report.

10. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Thanks, ialumbimii.