Problem with upstreaming audio to flatcast

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Roobert, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Roobert

Roobert Junior Member

Hi all,

short version
    I a using the P2P Platform "Flatcast" http://www.flatcast.com for our webradio and experience severe dropouts when upstreaming audio and I am (sort of) desperately seeking anybody how has used flatcast for sending with Apple & PD.
    Or hints, whether the problem is due to Windows, PD or Flatcast after all.

My config: iMac 24'' Intel C2D, 10.4.8, 1,5 GB/ WinXP Prof. using Parallels Desktop 2.5 Build 3170 with WinXP Prof+SP2, 800 MB RAM.
    Whereas I can listen to Flatcast-radios without any problem, I have massive problems when sending:

detailed version
    a) The Musik will not play: I add audio-titels with the DJ-Mixer. They appear in the playlist, but wont play. They dont show up in the DJ-Mixer's line of the current song. "Skip" etc. doesnt help.

b) When I succeed to send at last, nearly all the time the stream stops after some minutes. Being able to send more than 1/2 hr. is unlikely :-( I then have to remove audio from the interface and reopen it . Then I can send again - but not for long, s.a. The connenction to the logged in guests stys alive, merely audio stops. Very annoying and unreliable.
    Same symptoms when usinig WinAmp, btw.

Taking over shows from other DJs works fine, but again, when I "rule" the stream, it stops mostly always as described above.

Do you know anybody how sends using PD and Flatcast? Any idea, why an outgoing stream would quit?

Thank you, greetings from the Viennese Forrests!
    Robert

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007