Problem with windows 10 and iMessage

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DustinHullett, Aug 25, 2016.

1. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

Whenever windows 10 is in full screen and i receive an i message if i click the notification to respond the keyboard will not work. This is with the quick respond feature or clicking and being taken to the mac side to the iMessage window, neither one will allow typing. i can switch back to windows with my trackpad for about 2 seconds then swipe back to mac and i can type to respond to the message? Anyone else having this issue? Parallels 11 did not do this. i have tried all different keyboard settings and from what i can see myself it looks like the window is being changed when i click the notification but windows 10 is not releasing control of the keyboard with the window change. just need some logic added there that if any notification is recieved clicked by user that input control goes back to the host system. Thanks

2. GeorgeZ1

GeorgeZ1 Bit poster

I have noticed the same issue with Windows 7 and Parallels. Seems the keyboard becomes unresponsive when using iMessage. Forced me back to Desktop 11 as this occurs frequently.

3. loxerD

loxerD Bit poster

Trying to switch the way you download iMessage to your PC might help. Try Chrome Remote Desktop on your PC, use the iPadian emulator, use the Bluestacks emulator, and more.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019