Problems installing quickbooks through Parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by wigglesworth, Nov 12, 2013.

1. wigglesworth

wigglesworth

I have just installed parallels on my mac-book pro with no problems. Then I installed windows 7 through parallels, again with no problems. I do not have bootcamp installed and I am trying to install Payroll + pro 2014, through parallels, but it isn’t working. I have posted on quickbooks forums about this same issue and everyone seems to suggest that I should install bootcamp and install quickbooks in there.

Is there a way to install quickbooks through parallels, or do I have to first install bootcamp and go through that way?

2. DebbieLoudon

DebbieLoudon

Hi. Did you ever figure out how to install the QB pro 2014? I'm stuck.

3. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Everyone,

You can directly install a Windows program on your Mac using Parallels Desktop for Mac. This is possible with a CD or also via a download file.

Please follow the steps outlined on the link below:

http://kb.parallels.com/119310

Thanks,
    Looran

4. PeterG30

PeterG30 Bit Poster

Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my program
    1. In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Program Problems
    2. Select Quick Fix my Program.
    3. Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
    Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
    1. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, then select Installation Issues.
    2. Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool run. It can take up to 20 minutes.
    3. When the tool finishes, restart your computer, start QuickBooks Desktop, and open your data file.
    4. Update your QuickBooks to the latest release. This makes sure you have the most recent fixes and security updates.
    This May Help,
    Peter