problems migrating from VPC6

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by rstrauch, Jun 29, 2007.

1. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

I'm trying to migrate from VPC6 to Parallels, and not having much luck doing so. Transporter build 1240 will convert .vhd files from my VPC virtual machines, but the converted virtual machines won't boot. They start to boot -- the "Starting Windows" screen come up -- but then go to a blue screen which flashes by quickly, followed by a black screen that offers me several ways of starting Windows, none of which work. In another thread Helen suggested downloading Mac build 3188 and trying Transporter 2.5. That build contains Transporter 2.0 Build 1080, which behaves the same as Build 1240.

I tried borrowing a Window XP install disk from a friend and installing from that, using my Windows product code from my VPC, which I own. That install wouldn't recognize my product code as legitimate.

I'm at a loss right now for what to do next. Is Transporter 2.5 different from build 1080, and if so, where can I get it to try? If not, what else do you suggest?

I'd appreciate an answer to this, because I'm now into the 2nd week of my 15 day trial, and I'd like to see Parallels work before the triial period runs out.

Ralph Strauch