Problems since 10.5.2 Update

dukefan

Bit poster
I installed the 10.5.2 update on my MacPro dual-Quad core (Jan08) this week, and Parallels has crashed three times since the install. Before that, I had run it for a couple of weeks without a single crash. I'm attaching the crash log in the hopes that it provides useful information.

GuestOS is Vista Enterprise Edition.

1. 10.5.2
2. Parallels Build #5584
3. MacPro
4. 2gB for now
5. 320GB, 750GB Raid1, 750GB Time Mahcine
6. No bootcamp
7. No beta
8. started after upgrade to 10.5.2
9. Parallels Tools is installed
10. Hard to tell ... not much to try that I can see
11. Vista EE.
12. Attached logs.
13. No errors
14. Not specific

Found this in /Library/Parallels/bugreports
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac OS X version 3.0 Build 5584.0 from 2008-01-16
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Received SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault
Access to fault address: 0xd990000c
unknown signal sender: 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Dukefan,

Thank you very much for the detailed report. I'm delivering it to QA team.

Best regards,
Xenos
 
Another crash this morning... log attached.

Parallels crashed again this morning. I'm attaching the crash report.

The bugreport in Library/Parallels just shows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac OS X version 3.0 Build 5584.0 from 2008-01-16

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault

Access to fault address: 0xd500000c

unknown signal sender: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Attachments

I also had a crash, first ever. My iMac (10.5.2, Intel Core Duo) will not sleep with Parallels running, even if VM is suspended.
 
Hello Dukefan and MattS,

Parallels developers are aware of the problem. We are investigating the issue and we appreciate all the information provided by you.

You can temporally try the following to avoid crashes:
Hide Parallels (Apple+H) each time you are leaving your Mac for long. Or suspend Parallels (Actions -> Suspend).

Increasing VM RAM will not help against crashes.

Best regards,
Xenos
 
Back
Top